Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Raging Sea

I wrote this several years ago when I was at the beach. I remembered it today and found it in my notes. I wrote this before most of my bad stuff happened and it just made me realize just how true it is and that because I stood firm in Him, I was not knocked down, I was knocked around, but did not fall, I stayed firm  in Him.

While wading out in the gulf of Mexico off the coast of Alabama, the waves reminded me of my spiritual walk with the Lord.
I was standing out about knee deep in the ocean with my feet dug in and planted firmly in the sand. I was ready to face the waves coming toward me. As the waves crashed into me, I was jerked around and shaken, but my feet remained planted in the wet sand. And after that I pulled my feet up and as the waves came toward me, I walked into them, determined to break through them, and I did just that.

Now, the analogy that came to me right then and there was this:
If I keep my faith and lifestyle firmly planted in the word of God and in a spiritual relationship with him, no matter what troubles or terrible events are thrown at me, I will not be brought down! If I know and have faith that he will be with me through it all and use it to strengthen me, I can withstand the highest and fiercest waves of trouble!

Now with the other illustration:
If I see troubles on the horizon or feel them coming towards me, and if I have strength and faith in the Lord to guide me through the troubles, I can face those waves of trouble head on and walk right into them. For the Lord is my shepherd and he will watch over his sheep.

I also physically experienced what MIKESCHAIR was writing about in their song "Let the Waters Rise":

"There's a raging sea right in front of me. It wants to pull me in. Bring me to my knees. So let the waters rise. If you want them to. I will follow you"

I saw a raging see literally right in front of me. I could feel the tide and the water trying to pull me under. And it actually pulled me down to where I fell on my knees. And I know that whatever happens in my life, God has a purpose for it. And if it's my time to die, it's his plan, or if I keep on living, that too is his plan! I do not fear death! I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I will be with him when I leave this world, and that is the most comforting thought ever! So, if it's his will, let the waters rise and I will follow you Lord! I will follow you no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment