Saturday, July 28, 2012

A short, but long defense against Abortion. (From a recent convo I had)

This is a response that I wrote towards a young sophmore high school girl who told me that I had no right to say that abortion is wrong, and that I was hateful towards women for saying that they shouldn't get abortions.

I'm quite proud of this comeback, but I know that it wouldn't have been possible if not for the privilege God blessed me with of attending and graduating Summit Ministries. A place where I not only grew to understand God's word better, but where I learned more about the anti-Christian issues in today's society, including abortion. So without further ado, here is the thoroughly thought out and researched response.


I cared about it way before the proposition came up, and that, frankly, has nothing to do with this issue. But I didn't start being vocal about it until I felt God calling me to stand up for his children and the atrocities being committed. (If you don't believe in God and/or the Holy Spirit working in people's lives, that's cool, but that's what led me to be more vocal about it

I don't set out to offend people. People have mistaken my tone as a hostile tone before, but it never has been such. I have friends in those situations. And I don't condemn them or treat them badly. They have come to realize that they were lied to by the doctors who tried to give them the abortions. The doctors talk over the heartbeat and refuse to show them ultra sounds.... I'm not trying to make people feel bad, because like my friends, most people who have undergone abortions were tricked and lied to. Ever since Roe v Wade, (Roe has since become a pro life advocate after realizing what the procedure actually does) the numbers of innocent lives lost have been way higher than that of those caused by Hitler or Stalin. 

I agree with you completely, I as a male, have no right to tell a woman what she can and can't do, and if she should or shouldn't get an abortion. That makes perfect sense and I agree with you completely, if the unborn are Not Human.

 I base what i say on scientific evidence. I  know from scientific research that abortion doctors will not perform a surgical abortion until at least 7 weeks. The child's heartbeat can be heard at 4 weeks. They are undergoing human development, just as we all do until we are fully grown, they are just at a different stage of development. Which factor makes them "terminate-able"? Size? Level of development? Environment? Or Degree of Dependency?  

Scientifically, we know that from the earliest stages of development, the unborn are distinct, living, and whole human beings. Leading Embryology Text books confirm this (TW Sadler's "Langman's Embryology", Keith L. Moore's "The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology", and O'Rahilly,Ronand,and Muller, Pabiola, Human Embryology and Teratology. Just to name a few) 

I'm all for women's rights. Women should be allowed to have all the same rights as men. It's the woman's right to have sex with whomever she wants. But by making that choice, she is risking getting pregnant. 98% of Abortions are performed on women who accidentally get pregnant and simply don't want to have a baby. This meaning that these 98% willingly chose to have sex and risk getting  pregnant. Just because they made a mistake of getting pregnant does t mean that they have the Right to kill their child. Murder is never the answer.

The point of the matter is: is the unborn human? (or, at what point does it become human?) If it is human, then my point and the comparison I originally stated are valid, but, if the Unborn is NOT human, then all your points are valid. But if it's not a human, what is it???

Final point: there isn't reason to bicker and insult each other over a scientific issue. The point that we debate over is simply: is the unborn human?/at what point does it become human? 

   
Done

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Very well put. Especially the incredibly important question, if it's not a baby...what is it? Sadly most people are tricked into abortions and not given adequate information beforehand and then afterward have to live with the guilt and knowledge of what really was done.

    ReplyDelete