Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I'm Not Who I Was....


I was riding in my car today when this song by Brandon Heath came on KLOVE. As I listened to this slow melody, I began to realize that this song almost describes how I feel since the past year. Since my breakup I have had a rollercoaster of a ride, but the Lord was with me every step of the way. Ive had my ups and downs and times of darkness and of light. But I have grown stronger in my faith and have grown closer to the Lord. But as Job said, "The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away" and that he did, but he has given again. He has given me new purpose and new passion. Ive changed my direction in life. Ive changed my major, my goals, and my passions. Although I remain single, I am not alone. The Lord is and has been with me every step of the way. Through the fiery furnace and in the promise land, he has been there. I have learned not only to praise him in the good times, but to also praise him in the bad times as well. I may not know at times why I am going through certain things, but in the midst of them I have learned to rely on and trust in Him to bring about His will in the situation. I know that all things work together for the good of those who love Him.

As I was saying, I have changed. I have been through the fire and have been refined and sharpened and have come out as a new and changed man. And for that, I am forever grateful!


I wish you could see me now 
I wish I could show you how 
I'm not who I was 
I used to be mad at you 
A little on the hurt side too 
But I'm not who I was 

I found my way around 
To forgiving you 
Some time ago 
But I never got to tell you so 

I found us in a photograph 
I saw me and I had to laugh 
You know, I'm not who I was 
You were there, you were right above me 
And I wonder if you ever loved me 
Just for who I was 

When the pain came back again 
Like a bitter friend 
It was all that I could do 
To keep myself from blaming you 

I reckon it's a funny thing 
I figured out I can sing 
Now I'm not who I was 
I write about love and such 
Maybe 'cause I want it so much 
I'm not who I was 

I was thinking maybe I 
I should let you know 
I am not the same 
But I never did forget your name 
Hello 

Well the thing I find most amazing 
In amazing grace 
Is the chance to give it out 
Maybe that's what love is all about 

I wish you could see me now 
I wish I could show you how 
I'm not who I was

No comments:

Post a Comment